A one day introductory course on the basic properties of lime mortar and the principles involved in re-pointing historic brickwork. The course will include some basic theory, demonstrations and a hands on practical session.
• An overview of the preparation and mixing of lime mortars
• The selection of the appropriate tools for re-pointing
• The appropriate methods of cutting out hard cement based mortars
• The preparation of the wall prior to re-pointing
• Re-pointing practice
• Finishing the lime mortar joints.
Who is the Course For?
This particular course is suitable for anyone interested in the basics of lime mortar and re-pointing and who have had little or no previous experience of using lime mortar. It provides also a good basis for Lime mortar Re-pointing 2 which looks at lime mortar in much more detail.
The specific dates and costs are available on the course timetable on the website. Each course will run with between 5 and 15 students. Bespoke lime mortar courses for organisations can also be arranged upon request.
Apply either via the website, email or telephone to book a place.
Clothing and PPE
Please bring overalls or suitable working clothes and safety footwear.
Gloves and goggles will be provided during the course.
Register your interest
Please select course and number of candidates below.