A two day course aimed at providing an in depth understanding of the principles involved in repairing historic stonework focusing on both the identification and assessment of defects and the appropriate repair.
• An explanation of the causes of decay and deterioration of historic stonework
• The inspection and diagnosis of defects in stonework
• The selection of appropriate repair techniques including crack stitching, cutting out damaged stone, stone cutting, reversing stones,
• An overview of the conservation principles of repair
• The specification of the repair works.
Who is the Course For?
This course is suitable for anyone interested the repair of historic stonework. The course can be tailored towards practical training or it can focus on the specification and repair principles. It is therefore suitable for professionals and craftspersons alike.
The specific dates and costs are available on the course timetable on the website. Each course will run with between 5 and 15 students. Bespoke stonework repair courses for organisations can also be arranged upon request.
Apply either via the website, email or telephone to book a place.
Clothing and PPE
Please bring overalls or suitable working clothes and safety footwear.
Gloves and goggles will be provided during the course.
Register your interest
Please select course and number of candidates below.