A two day course on the principles and application of lime plasters and renders to a range of backgrounds. The course will include some basic theory and demonstrations, together with a main hands-on practical session on each day.
• The preparation and mixing of lime plasters for a range of backgrounds
• External rendering using hydraulic lime mortars
• The preparation of timber lathework prior to plastering
• The internal plastering on timber laths of walls and ceilings
• Plastering practice
• The principles of plaster mouldings and castings
• The specification of lime plasters for a range of situations.
Who is the Course For?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in the basics of lime plastering and who has had little or no previous experience of using lime plasters. It builds on the knowledge gained in Lime Plastering 1 and introduces lime mouldings and castings.
The specific dates and costs are available on the course timetable on the website. Each course will run with between 5 and 15 students. Bespoke lime plastering courses for organisations can also be arranged upon request.
Apply either via the website, email or telephone to book a place.
Clothing and PPE
Please bring overalls or suitable working clothes and safety footwear.
Gloves and goggles will be provided during the course.
Register your interest
Please select course and number of candidates below.