This course considers the use of lead and the traditional techniques and materials needed to ensure a durable and long lasting repair to historic roofs.
• Selection of appropriate lead sheet for gutters, flashings, soakers to roofs
• The selection of appropriate materials and workmanship to prevent defects to lead such as splitting and underside corrosion
• Preparation of timber and stone gutters prior to laying lead sheet
• Principles of laying lead to roofs
• Specification of leadwork to roofs.
Who is the Course For?
This particular course is suitable for anyone interested in the specification and installation of lead to historic buildings.
The specific dates and costs are available on the course timetable on the website. Each course will run with between 5 and 15 students. Bespoke courses for organisations can also be arranged upon request.
Apply either via the website, email or telephone to book a place.
Clothing and PPE
Please bring overalls or suitable working clothes and safety footwear. Gloves and goggles will be provided during the course.
Register your interest
Please select course and number of candidates below.