Course OverviewA two day course aimed at providing a more in depth understanding of the principles involved in repairing historic brickwork, focusing on both the identification and assessment of defects and the appropriate repairs.
• An explanation of the causes of decay and deterioration of historic brickwork
• The Inspection and diagnosis of defects in brickwork
• The selection of appropriate repair techniques including crack stitching, cutting out bricks, reversing bricks, re-pointing -
selection of appropriate mortars.
• An overview of the conservation principles of repair
• The specification of the repair works.
Who is the Course For?
This particular course is suitable for anyone interested the repair of historic brickwork. The course can be tailored towards practical training or it can focus on the specification and repair principles. It is therefore suitable for professionals and craftspersons alike.
The specific dates and costs are available on the course timetable on the website. Each course will run with between 5 and 15 students. Bespoke brickwork repair courses for organisations can also be arranged upon request.
Apply either via the website, email or telephone to book a place.
Clothing and PPE
Please bring overalls or suitable working clothes and safety footwear.
Gloves and goggles will be provided during the course.