Course OverviewA one day course for those who wish to follow on from the Lime Mortar Re-pointing 1 course. This course focuses more on the types of lime mortar and the appropriate specification of work and materials
• Selection of appropriate types of lime mortar
• The differences between Hydraullic and Non-Hydraulic lime
• Matching lime mortars
• Selection of appropriate aggregates
• Specification of lime mortars and re-pointing works
• Practice of using hydraulic lime mortars and re-pointing.
Who is the Course For?
This particular course is suitable for anyone who specifies lime mortar or supervises trades people in repair work involving lime mortar. The course is typically aimed at architects, surveyors, planners along with trades people who require more knowledge and practice of lime mortar re-pointing.
The specific dates and costs are available on the course timetable on the website. Each course will run with between 5 and 15 students. Bespoke lime mortar courses for organisations can also be arranged upon request.
Apply either via the website, email or telephone to book a place.
Clothing and PPE
Please bring overalls or suitable working clothes and safety footwear.
Gloves and goggles will be provided during the course.