Course OverviewA one day introductory course on the basic properties of lime mortar and the principles involved in re-pointing historic brickwork. The course will include some basic theory, demonstrations and a hands on practical session.
• An overview of the preparation and mixing of lime mortars
• The selection of the appropriate tools for re-pointing
• The appropriate methods of cutting out hard cement based mortars
• The preparation of the wall prior to re-pointing
• Re-pointing practice
• Finishing the lime mortar joints.
Who is the Course For?
This particular course is suitable for anyone interested in the basics of lime mortar and re-pointing and who have had little or no previous experience of using lime mortar. It provides also a good basis for Lime mortar Re-pointing 2 which looks at lime mortar in much more detail.
The specific dates and costs are available on the course timetable on the website. Each course will run with between 5 and 15 students. Bespoke lime mortar courses for organisations can also be arranged upon request.
Apply either via the website, email or telephone to book a place.
Clothing and PPE
Please bring overalls or suitable working clothes and safety footwear.
Gloves and goggles will be provided during the course.